Thursday, September 13, 2012

Let's run!

I've ran in a total of 4 half marthon (13.1 miles) the past few years.
Running has been somewhat of an acquired taste for me.
At first, it was something I did to meet my goals of certains miles
and something just to stay in shape.
When Ryder and I started training for our first half, I couldn't ever run a mile.
I had gained over TWENTY pounds since going off to school.
20!!! I'm 5'3"... So yes, a very signifacant amount.
Running was what got me back to my healthy self.
Now when I haven't ran in a while, I start missing it.
This year I decided it was finally time to conquer a full marathon.
26.2 miles of excitment, exhaustion, and accomplishment.
The amazing support system of Ryder, friends, and family
make this sort of thing so easy and worthwhile.  

So I challange you... do something out of your comfort box.
It drives me crazy when I hear people say, "oh I could never do that."
Because yes you can. If you really want to, you can.

That being said... November 11th I will be conquering the 26.2 miles!
Rock'n' Roll Marathon in San Antonio.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog